dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Fedora 8 and Dazuko

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Fedora 8 and Dazuko
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 15:38:03 +0200

On 2008-04-03, bob J. <address@hidden> wrote:
> I had to rebuild the kernel to apply the the following
>
> [...]
>
> So should I apply BOTH patches and try again ? Or just the pre1
> patch ?

You only need the pre1 patch. Once you've done the patch and rebuilt
your kernel, you will have Dazuko. You don't need the .tar.gz
package. You don't need to build the kernel module.

> Below is what I found in the messages file after I turned on the
> debug option in dazuko.
>
> Apr 3 11:38:52 localhost kernel: dazuko: warning: assuming syscall
>                                  table can be modified
> Apr 3 11:38:52 localhost kernel: Unable to handle kernel paging
>                                  request at ffffffff8127c7b0 RIP:

Yes, this is the common error that occurs when syscall hooking is
attempted with recent RedHat/Fedora kernels. Your only option is to
use the pre1 patch.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer