ddd

Displaying strings and other template objects in DDD

From: Frank Way
Subject: Displaying strings and other template objects in DDD
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:34:26 -0500

Hello all,

A while back I posted a question to this list.  I was experiencing
difficulties in displaying the contents of string, vector and other STL
objects in DDD.  They were compiled with g++ 2.95.2 under Solaris 2.7.

Especially annoying, objects that contained strings would not display, nor
would string objects themselves.  The debugger would say that memory at
address 0x0 could not be displayed.

I haven't had much spare time in the ensuing weeks, but I did discover when
I had a spare moment that, by downloading and compiling against the SGI STL
(available from http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/download.html ) the
aforementioned objects are now easily displayed when using DDD.

This was not strictly speaking a ddd problem, as you could not do it from
gdb either.

I did want to post this as I had seen some previous mail message in the list
archives from folks with the same problems.

Hope this helps if anyone out there still has this problem....

Regards,
Frank

Frank Way
Activis USA.