ddd

DDD and gdb based FORTRAN debuggers

From: Nicola Botta
Subject: DDD and gdb based FORTRAN debuggers
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 17:18:26 +0100

My best compliments for the very useful DDD  debugger! I have
successfully
used DDD on C and C++ codes. Now I'm facing a new problem: I have to
work
on a huge FORTRAN90 code and I'm using NAGWare Fortran 95 compiler
Release 4.0a(310) on a Linux box. NAG's F95 comes with a DBX based
F90 debugger: NAGWare dbx90 Version 4.1(12). What I tried to do is to
pass
this dbx90 to DDD 3.1.6 with something like:

ddd --debugger "dbx90 -I/mydir" a.out

... something seems to work but, of course, just something (cannot
display
variable values, cannot put breakpoints in called subroutines, ...)

Do you have any suggestion how to debug FORTRAN90 codes with a visual
debugger ?

best regards,
Nicola

--
Nicola Botta, Data & Computation
Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK)