ddd

Watching variables

From: Ricardo Lima
Subject: Watching variables
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:23:09 +0100

Hi,
I'm learning to use ddd, and I have some doubts.
If this is not the right email to ask, please tell me where should I
submit this.
I think that some questions are related with the debuggers and others
with ddd.

- using gdb:
When I'm at a breakpoint and I try to display the value of a variable I
got this error message:

No symbol "variable name" in current context.

why is this happening?
There are restrictions on the display of the variables?

- using dbx
At a breakpoint if I display an array, I can see all the values of the
array, but the next time (on the same breakpoint) the data display only
shows the first value of the array. However if I select the variable and
select display it will show all the values of the array.
If I'm tracing this variable, each time I need to watch this variable, I
have to select the variable and then display.
However at the debug console all the values of the array are displayed
(If I'm watching this variable).
Why is this happening?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Ricardo Lima
Process Systems Engineering - Department of Chemical Engineering