ddd

Problem picking up java runtime classes

From: Claire Hepwood
Subject: Problem picking up java runtime classes
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 13:31:31 +0100

Hi,

I have just downloaded and built the ddd-3.3 debugger and installed in
in an alternative directory /tmp/sw. I have set up the classpath so that
DDD finds my classes but it is unable to load the runtime classes. Is
this because it is not installed in the usual /usr/local directory?

When I try to run my java class program I get the following error:

VM Started:
Exception occurred: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException (uncaught)
thread="main", java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(), line=205, bci=35

This also occurs when I try to run ddd on the jtest.class that you
provide.

Any pointers would be gratefully accepted.

Claire