ddd

Re: Ques. about remote debugging using gdb

From: David McCarthy
Subject: Re: Ques. about remote debugging using gdb
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 20:46:23

Thanks for your response Andreas.

Actually, I have tried these options.  I tried using --rhost HOST_NAME but it does not help.  I do not get an interactive remote shell with --rhost.  DDD just hangs.  I tried putting some extra traces into gdbinit.C so that I can see what is going on.  And in the function InvokeGDBFromShellHP( ), when the shell output is sent in, it reads that as a shell prompt ( which is correct ), and it assumes that gdb should be started, so I never get the chance to telnet to another machine before the gdb starts.

 Is there a way to tell ddd that it should spawn a remote shell, and not start gdb right away.  And let me enter a few commands before entering gdb...  This would help me a lot since once I get a remote shell on the rhost machine, I can do the telnet etc. and then invoke gdb and so on...  Any suggestions.

Thanks for your help.