ddd

problem with ddd and init.c

From: Ronald Haynes
Subject: problem with ddd and init.c
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 20:46:13 -0800

My apologies if I have already posted this to this mailing list, I have been requesting
help for several days now and I am starting to lose track of which boards/lists I have
already sent requests to.

I am running redhat 7.2, with gcc 2.96 and ddd 3.3.1.  (I have been told to upgrade
my gcc but I don't think that fixes the problem I am about to describe as others
have presented the same problem with newer gcc versions).  I compile
a f77 code with the -g option (optimization turned off)... I then run ddd on the executable
and dd complains that ~/current_working_directory/init.c not found.   I have been
told it is because of the glibc library that redhat includes and I should install the
glibc sources.  I have done so but with no luck.

R Haynes