ddd

Using ddd to debug cgi scripts

From: Daniel Ruoso
Subject: Using ddd to debug cgi scripts
Date: 13 Mar 2003 10:23:24 -0300

Hi,

I would like to use ddd to debug my cgi perl scripts. I currently use
ptkdb, which is nice, but I prefer ddd.

When debugging a cgi script, I change the command line of the program
from

#!/usr/bin/perl
#!/usr/bin/perl -d:ptkdb

This makes the debugger completely transparent. And this is necessary
because the web server needs to catch the stdout of my program to output
the page (I start the program by accessing the cgi's url).

I would like to change the command line of my program to

#!/usr/bin/ddd --perl

The problem is that the output of the program is not sent to stdout, so
I will get a "Document Contains no Data".

The other problem is that ddd doesn't exit when the program finish. It
is necessary when debugging a process that apache started.

How can I solve it?

P.S.: As you probably noticed, I'me not subscribed to the list, please
include me in all responses.

[]'s

--daniel