ddd

Smarter layout for nested class displays?

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: Smarter layout for nested class displays?
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:32:50 +0100

Hi there,

first of all: thanks for the great work you did with DDD. It really is a great
tool for debugging!

In the attachment, you find the display I get when observing one of my
classes. Sure you can guess what I'm going to suggest:

Could the display of nested structs and classes get some more intelligence?
Perhaps something like: Check for the length of a attribute name and the
length of the contents (if unhidden) and display the contents below the name
if a certain threshold is exceeded. (Indented so the nesting can still be
recognised.)

Alternative would be to simply fold all nested structs and classes to display
the contents below the name.

Of course, this only really matters for "unnamed attribute" as one could call
the inherited class. They are named by the type name, and this - with
C++-Template programming - can grow to arbitrary lenghs...

Ciao,
Nobbi

--
______________________Norbert Nemec <address@hidden>

    Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
    Institut für Theoretische Physik III
    Staudtstr. 7  ...  D-91058 Erlangen  ...  Room No. U1.526
    Tel: +49 9131 / 85-28816  ...  Mobile: +49 179 / 7475199