dejagnu

Using DejaGnu in a regression farm

From: Sean Cavanaugh
Subject: Using DejaGnu in a regression farm
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:58:32 -0700

Hello,

I'm looking at using DejaGnu to help automate a regression testing farm. We
plan to have a number of boards connected to the test computer via serial and
network, and will be testing the Board Support Packages we're developing
(including testing everything from the Linux kernel to userland applications).

>From what I have seen over the last few days of working with it, it seems like
>DejaGnu would be a useful tool for this application. However, my experience
>with it is limited, so I would like to ask those with more experience:

Has anyone done something like this?  Is it (not) a good idea? If we do go
ahead with this, is it something the DejaGnu community would like to see
contributed back to the project?

Thanks for any input.

--
Sean Cavanaugh