[Demexp-dev] Some questions on Condorcet voting

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Some questions on Condorcet voting
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 18:18:57 +0200

I'm about to try to code the voting part of the server, using the
condorcet voting.

I've started to look at the different links provided on the Expérience
Démocratique web pages (

Right now, the most precise description I have found until now is: (en) (fr)

I have not read all the details, but it appears to exist two algorithms
to solve Cyclic Ambiguities : Basic Condorcet and Schwartz Sequential
Dropping (SSD).

Quoting the web page: "Condorcet is simpler, but SSD is the state of the
art.". Should I implement SSD?

 David Mentré <address@hidden>
 GnuPG key fingerprint: A7CD 7357 3EC4 1163 745B  7FD3 FB3E AD7C 2A18 BE9E