[Demexp-dev] Would it be possible to simplify documentation of ocaml-get

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Would it be possible to simplify documentation of ocaml-gettext?
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 16:43:41 +0100

Hello Sylvain,

In our demexp software, we are considering using ocaml-gettext for
handling translations of both our GTK2 client and WDialkog's web
interface (http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=14318180).
Frédéric Lehobey has already installed it on his machine but it
appears to be quite complicated to setup:

http://www.demexp.org/en/doku.php?id=i18n:internationalisation_and_localisation#more_about_ocaml-gettext

It seems that a great deal of complexity comes from the documentation
system. It adds a lot of dependencies. Would you consider simplify it
using more standard ocaml tools like ocamldoc? Would you accept
patches to this aim?

Beyond being a burden to programmers like me when installing the tool,
it becomes a nightmare for distribution packagers to package all
dependencies.

Best wishes,
david