[Denemo-devel] Re: Problem installing: mkinstalldirs missing?

From: Mårten Wikström
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Re: Problem installing: mkinstalldirs missing?
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 00:46:01 +0200

2007/10/8, Mårten Wikström <address@hidden>:
> Hi!
> I'm having trouble installing denemo, after compiling it from cvs checkout.
> I have done, configure & make. But make install stops at:
> Making install in po
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mwik/sw/denemo/po'
> /bin/sh .././mkinstalldirs /usr/local/share
> /bin/sh: Can't open .././mkinstalldirs
> make[1]: *** [install-data-yes] Fel 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mwik/sw/denemo/po'
> make: *** [install-recursive] Fel 1
> And indeed po/Makefile tries to run .././mkinstalldirs but there are
> no such file. Did someone forget to cvs add mkinstalldirs or have I
> missed something?

A little more testing reveals that it works once I manually copy
mkinstalldirs from automake to denemo directory. I don't know if
automake --add-missing is supposed to copy the mkinstalldirs file as
well, but v1.9.6 does not seem to do it anyway. The old cvs repository
at sourceforge had mkinstalldirs commited
to it. What was the reasoning behind removing it?

Oh, and speaking of Someone should really update the project
homepage to direct people to instead of Even
the mailing lists on the e homepage are still incorrect. People google
for Denemo will find a project on that has seen no activity for
the last 8 months. Unless they carefully read the mailing list
archives they will probably think that the project is dead. I came to
that conclusion the first time I came across Denemo.