[Denemo-devel] Where to locate system wide fonts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Where to locate system wide fonts
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 16:29:01 +0100

I've done a little experiment to try and find out how fonts are picked
up by the gtk_init. I hid my ~/.fonts directory and copied Denemo.ttf
into a (newly created) directory
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/denemo
This directory has two entries already on my system, openoffice and
ttf-dejavue, however whether the directory exists on other systems I
don't know.
With Denemo.ttf installed there the program is able to pick up the font
without further configuration (I guess all subdirectories are being
explored).