Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi input via Fluidsynth is broken

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Midi input via Fluidsynth is broken
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 12:15:59 -0600

On Jan 29, 2010, at 10:25 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 09:51 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
I noticed that the consequence for removing is that the user will
not be able to switch between midi input and mouse/keyboard input by
switching windows.

I think you are misunderstanding something here. MIDI input never turns
off keyboard or mouse input, it is just additional. Of course you need
to have the keyboard focus on the score area to get keyboard input, and
this happens when you select the main denemo window.

Yes. I read the code for this. Without the GUI present it won't allow you to do this. I will put the GUI back into the midiinput code. Then perhaps later see if I can "doc" it onto the main window somehow.

The control panel
has code to put the keyboard focus back onto the main denemo window for (most?) of the buttons it offers, so you don't have to switch back. MIDI
input always goes there of course. With mic input I added a safegaurd
against accidentally putting notes into the score, by ignoring them if
the system pointer was not in the scorearea

Ok. I can look for this to allow the user to swith independant of the GUI.

Jeremiah

- the background switching
to blue to indicate it was sensitive to noise.