Re: [Denemo-devel] Compilation on Ubuntu Karmic

From: Pietro Battiston
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Compilation on Ubuntu Karmic
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 18:18:45 +0100

Il giorno dom, 14/02/2010 alle 11.03 -0600, Jeremiah Benham ha scritto:
> >From the log you provided it shows you don't have jack running and you have
> >fluidsynth set in denemo to use the Jack audio driver.

Yes, I assumed something like that, but do you mean that in configure:

  --enable-jack           use JACK [default=no]
  --enable-fluidsynth     use FLUIDSYNTH [default=yes]

the first means "use JACK without FLUIDSYNTH", while the default
behaviour for fluidsynth is still "use JACK"? Because I didn't specify
options, since defaults seemed OK to me...

By the way, Ardour is an example of application which will just run a
jack instance if it doesn't find any... but for the moment my problem is
even more stupid: how do I just say "do not use JACK"?!

Pietro