Re: [Denemo-devel] Crash on windows

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Crash on windows
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:34:55 +0000

On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 12:01 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> Windows gubbed from git is crashing when the prefdialog is invoked.
> Worse still the denemo-console is vanishing as well, so it is not easy
> to say where the problem is. I suspect the fluidsynth_midi_driver code -
> the field in the prefs was remaining NULL.
>
> I have installed various safegaurds in the code and (in order to gub it)
> I have checked them in to git.
This has been successful: under windows the prefdialog no longer
crashes, and MIDI in is working. I think we make the auto turn on MIDI
in the default, especially if we can fix the Input menu to show the
correct status when no MIDI in device is present. It would mean anyone
switching on their MIDI controller and starting Denemo would get a
response straight away. If they don't have a midi input device active
there will just be a message in the terminal saying it hadn't succeeded
in connecting MIDI in, which they won't see.

Richard