Re: [Denemo-devel] transposing a score

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] transposing a score
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 12:00:42 +0000

On Sun, 2010-12-19 at 12:55 +0100, Ludo Beckers wrote:
> Transposing is essential for me.
> I play diatonic harmonica (in a chromatic way ;-)) and "think" on a
> C-harmonica, so if something is in the key of Db and I decide to play
> it on an Ab harmonica, I want to transpose chords plus melody
> accordingly.
> I guess some Lilypond syntax will have priority on my study roster.
It is essential for me too - I transcribe 18th c flute music transposing
on printout by a minor third for treble recorder.
I think I was dreaming when I pointed you at the Directives->Print
transpositions, they are for transposing small sections of a piece.
The basic transpose is well-catered for - Score->Print Transposed is the
command you need. It even gives you a button for changing it quickly
(which you can keep on your button bar).
The command is always present in Arranger profile, I don't know about
the others...