[Denemo-devel] [bug #32550] Breve and longa cause inordinately high cpu

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #32550] Breve and longa cause inordinately high cpu usage
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 09:04:31 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #32550 (project denemo):

Apparently, just changing the "width" and "height" fields and then dividing
each number that appears in the <path ...> field by 10 scales...
I don't *think* this is true for all the types of path fields unfortunately.
I think if we can reduce them it will work - the cpu usage should only be
proportional to the number on visible in the displayed portion of the score,
not the total number in the score. This is the same as for .png graphics.

Here are a couple of .png 's ....
I have put these in (renamed notehead_M?neomensural.png) and they do the
trick. We don't have the rests.
This workaround actually yields better zooming (which is what .svgs are for in
part) because of the cairo bug.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?32550>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/