Re: [Denemo-devel] [Fwd: Sbuild update 4.1.1]

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] [Fwd: Sbuild update 4.1.1]
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 13:02:42 -0500

Oh I see on this website how to use rsvg with gdk-pixbuf:
https://developer.gnome.org/rsvg/stable/rsvg-Using-RSVG-with-GdkPixbuf.html

I can't really test the mingw version of denemo. After the libaubio upgrade it does not work in wine.

Jeremiah

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 12:46 PM, Jeremiah Benham <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 2014-03-26 at 10:38 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 01:37:59PM +0000, Richard Shann wrote:

> > > I don't remember. I know gub has that issue on the gtk3 build.

> > > gdk-pixbuf-loaders is an exe isn't it? If so what happens when you try to launch it at the command line?
> >
> > I tried launching it from various directories but in every case it did
> > nothing. No output, no messages. I ran it under gdb and was able to get
> > it to break at main() if I recall correctly. But there were no symbols,
> > so I couldn't see what it did next. I don't know if there is the
> > equivalent of ptrace to find out what, if anything, it tries to open or
> > write to. Does it do anything if launched on wine?
>
> Yes. On the most recent git snapshot (Mar 21) (note I needed to copy aubio-4.dll from the lib directory to the bin directory.)
> It produces about 4 screens of this:
>
> # GdkPixbuf Image Loader Modules file
> # Automatically generated file, do not edit
> # Created by gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders.exe from gdk-pixbuf-2.22.1
> #
> # LoaderDir = C:\Program Files\Denemo\usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders
> #
> "C:/Program Files/Denemo/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-icns.dll"
> "icns" 4 "gdk-pixbuf" "The ICNS image format" "GPL"
> "image/x-icns" ""
> "icns" ""
> "icns" "" 100
>
> "C:/Program Files/Denemo/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-pcx.dll"
> "pcx" 4 "gdk-pixbuf" "The PCX image format" "LGPL"
> "image/x-pcx" ""
> "pcx" ""
> "\n \001" "" 100
> "\n\002\001" "" 100
> "\n\003\001" "" 100
> "\n\004\001" "" 100
> "\n\005\001" "" 100
>
> "C:/Program Files/Denemo/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-tiff.dll"
> "tiff" 1 "gdk-pixbuf" "The TIFF image format" "LGPL"
> "image/tiff" ""
> "tiff" "tif" ""
> "MM *" "  z " 100
> "II* " "   z" 100

It looks like this is working - I just downloaded and installed the same
binary from 21st Mar, moved the aubio-4.dll to bin and it still has
no .svg icons (they are only used in one palette - things like
fermata.svg and so on).
I then got up a terminal in the C:\Program Files\Denemo\usr\bin
directory and executed .\gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders.exe and, as before it
appeared to do nothing at all.

Are you sure  gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders.exe is to blame for this? What where you expecting it to do? Doesn't it update a file if present. If not it spits out the info to STDOUT. I am not sure if that has anything to do with svg's though. I will look to see we are building gtk+ with rsvg support. Has svg loading every worked in the windows build?

I don't know if we could install gtk stuff built by the gtk people
themselves ...

It seems doubtful. We would probably have depenedency issues. This symbol is defined twice and that is undefined. etc... I would try it sometime.