Re: [Denemo-devel] external file insertion

From: Andreas Schneider
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] external file insertion
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 10:21:05 +0200

Am 04.06.2014 10:00, schrieb Richard Shann:
> The last new command I added allows the user to insert an external file
> into the typeset music (for example, the user can create a set of verses
> arranged in columns using some document production program, export the
> result as encapsulated postscript and then place this at the end of the
> Denemo score where only the first verse underlays the music).

For the purpose of arranging verses in columns, wouldn't it be better to
use lilypond's typesetting capabilities? I am using Movements > Lilypond
after movement (actually I created that script for that purpose) and the
lilypond template from
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/stanzas#printing-stanzas-at-the-end-in-multiple-columns
. If something more user-friendly (for people who do not know lilypond)
is needed, a simple editor for text in columns that creates the lilypond
code would do the job.

Andreas