Re: [Denemo-devel] windows file associations

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] windows file associations
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 10:04:27 +0000

On Mon, 2016-01-25 at 17:39 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> How do we get denemo to launch from clicking on a denemo file in
> window?

Did you mean in Microsoft Windows operating systems? That is the default
if you use the installer version. With the zip file it is tricky or
perhaps not possible as you have to cd to the directory containing
the .bat file which you don't know. I've an idea I achieved this via a
batch file that does the cd and then invokes Denemo.bat with the
filename.

>  I don't even think you can do that in gnome. Can we?

I'm not sure, I haven't tried, but I don't see why not, there's nothing
special about it AFAIK.

>  I see that it works for llilypond with .ly files in os x. I need to
> copy what they are doing.

right, it should work the same way, Denemo opens a file given on the
command line, just like lilypond does.