Re: [Denemo-devel] Tooltips - what am I doing wrong?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Tooltips - what am I doing wrong?
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 12:57:25 +0000

I have just noticed a knock-on effect of the tooltip speed becoming
uncontrollable with Gtk version > 3.10 (which is causing us to disable
tooltips for these more modern versions of Gtk).
Now, the palette buttons have no tooltip of course, but, worse, they
have no help at all, since the help is only stored in the widget as a
tooltip.

I think this needs fixing before release, but quite how I'm not sure. I
think the gtk_widget_set_tooltip_text() could become a
g_object_set_data() to attach the help text to the widget and some
alternative to tooltips could be used to display it.

If anyone has other suggestions as to how to work around the deluge of
tooltips that result as you move the cursor around a palette of buttons
please say.

Richard