Re: [Denemo-devel] Measure size and clefs in all measure

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Measure size and clefs in all measure
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2016 14:26:27 +0100

On Sun, 2016-09-04 at 09:20 -0300, Marcelo Lima wrote:
> Hi Richard,
[...]
> 1. There is no treble octava bassa (G clef) in Music Glyph. I am using
> a clue-clef instead to point to write the counterpoint exemples for my
> students. The problem is that the clue-clef stays behind the bar
> measure, while it would be ideal to write it in the respective
> measure. Is there a possibility to include the treble octava bassa in
> the Music Glyph options? Or to change the position of the clue-clef to
> put it into the respective measure (I don't need for now to have the
> clue-clef before the respective measure bar).

It seems that the ottava bassa clefs are composited out of the normal
clef and an italic "8", so I would do the same. Next to the clef insert
an "8" as markup using Directives->Markings->Text/Symbol->Multi-line
text and music.
It takes some experimentation to choose the right size and position, and
I notice that it's position is sometimes influence by the note that
follows, so you should fix that first. (*)

> I have downloaded the update you've talked about, and it really has
> very nice improvments. The problem is that I can't built it and put it
> in my Audio Production menu (Ubuntu Studio),

Is that to say you succeeded in building it but couldn't get Ubuntu to
add it to a menu?

>  and I can't replace the older version of Denemo for the new one. I
> have to launch it by Terminal using sudo bash

you should not (and should not need) to use sudo here. That command sudo
is to give elevated privileges to the program, which it neither needs
nor wants. Always consider the use of sudo as a grave step, to be done
only on good advice - it allows alterations to your system.

>  to do it. At least for me, this is not a good workflow option.
>
> Is that a way to build it to put its icon in my Audio Production menu?

That question will have to be directed to Ubuntu users - there may be
some listening here who can advise you (feel free to email if so). I use
Debian myself.

Oh! and remember to use "Reply to All" otherwise the email doesn't go to
the mailing list and so no-one else can benefit from the advice given,
and you can't benefit from others chipping in to the conversation with
better ideas than I have.

Attached is an example I created of Ottava Bass treble clef

Richard