[Denemo-devel] guitar tablature

From: Tom Swan
Subject: [Denemo-devel] guitar tablature
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 09:45:07 -0400 (EDT)

I just did a transcription of a jazz piece for guitar using Denemo to create the rough draft scores and Frescobaldi to finish up. This worked well until I came to adding tablature. Is there any quick way to specify left- and right-hand fingerings and also the string number during note entry in Denemo? I had to do far more hand editing than I would like, e.g. this output from Denemo:

         r2 r8 d' cis' d'

edited with string numbers for the tablature:

      r2 r8 d'\3 cis'\3 d'\3

It would be great if I could also specify right and left hand numbers and letters at the same time as note entry. And this would ideally work for single notes and chords. Possible? Or perhaps a feature request. If it's not implemented I have some ideas for a possible interface plus use-case examples. Thanks.

Tom

http://www.tomswan.com