Re: [Denemo-devel] guitar tablature

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] guitar tablature
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2016 16:22:43 +0100

On Sun, 2016-09-04 at 09:45 -0400, Tom Swan wrote:
> I just did a transcription of a jazz piece for guitar using Denemo to
> create the rough draft scores and Frescobaldi to finish up. This
> worked well until I came to adding tablature. Is there any quick way
> to specify left- and right-hand fingerings

These are attached to notes using
NotesRests->Markings->Strings->Fingerings  menu

How did I know that? In View->Command Center I started to type
"fingering" and it soon stopped on a suitable command...

> and also the string number during note entry in Denemo? I had to do
> far more hand editing than I would like, e.g. this output from Denemo:
>

>          r2 r8 d' cis' d'
>

> edited with string numbers for the tablature:
>

>       r2 r8 d'\3 cis'\3 d'\3
>

> It would be great if I could also specify right and left hand numbers
> and letters at the same time as note entry. And this would ideally
> work for single notes and chords. Possible?

yes, they are all possible. There are some commands for adjust positions
too within Denemo, but I suspect that you would want to do anything like
that in the LilyPond. You can add LilyPond syntax (with Insert LilyPond
commands) in the Denemo main window, or in the LilyPond window.