Re: [Denemo-devel] PS50etc attached

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] PS50etc attached
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 12:53:06 +0100

On Wed, 2016-09-14 at 12:30 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Thanks for all the advice. It is now typesetting.
>
> One more thing though. I want to get rid of the "piano" staff name.

I can't see an easy interface to edit it. If you put the cursor on the
top voice of the piano and edit the staff properties you will find the
one that is making this a piano staff. Under Advanced you will see the
"Piano" value being set and you can change it to "" (i.e. an empty
string) and then all is well.

But more user-facing would be to click on the piano brace in the Display
and choose Edit Start Brace and then choose Delete All Braces (*). Then
re-instate a piano start and end brace using the commands in
Staffs/Voices->Staff Groupings (Braces) on the relevant staffs.
Doing this puts just the piano braces on the staffs without adding any
instrument name.

Richard
(*) actually, slightly quicker is to click Piano Staff Start at this
point - it is a toggle, so since there already is a Piano Staff Start it
deletes it, then you can re-instate it using Staffs/Voices->Staff
Groupings (Braces).