Re: [Denemo-devel] cadenza questions

From: Donald J. Stewart
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] cadenza questions
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 13:39:50 -0700

I'm not sure what I may be doing wrong here...but I'm using Denemo
2.0.12 and I don't have Directives->Inserting Barlines or Directives-
>Typesetter->Print Layout->Allow page/Line Break

Under the Directives Tab, I have:

Typesetter->
Markings->
Playback->
Make Directive Conditional->
Enable Accordian 16'
Insert Lilypond
Insert Comment
Check Paired Directives
Menu of Objects to Insert

Under Directives->Typesetter->Print Layout I have 29 submenus, but no
Allow page/Line Break

perhaps my build is corrupted?

On Friday, September 23, 2016 9:44:23 AM PDT Richard Shann wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-09-23 at 01:38 -0700, Donald J. Stewart wrote:
> > I am referring to Denemo Print View.  The line runs right off the edge
of
> > the page and when I print it to a PDF file, it does the same.
> >
> > I tried to use the Denemo manual's example:
> >
> > "7.3.3 Adding Line or Page Breaks.
> > Page or line breaks added by right-clicking on a note at a barline
>
> this is the bit you may be overlooking - LilyPond only puts line or page
> breaks on what it thinks of as bar lines. As you have none you have to
> either put one in (Directives->Inserting Barlines) or put in a
> non-printing one (Directives->Typesetter->Print Layout->Allow Page/
Line
> Break).
>
> >  and
> >
> > choosing from the menu. This works because right-click positions the
> > Denemo Cursor at the note and then the page or line break
command is
> > run just as if you were working directly in the Denemo Display."
>
> this last bit is explaining that doing the editing on the Print View is
> really the same as doing it in the Denemo Display - when you click on a
> note at a bar line the cursor positions itself in the Denemo Display on
> that note, and you can then insert the page or line break. This way of
> editing is ok for the final stages of your score creation, when you are
> looking over the finished work and making the odd adjustment.
>
> Richard
> P.S. please remember to "Group Reply" or "Reply to all" so that the
> thread continues on the mailing list.
>
> > But this doesn't really explain a way to 'force' a page break in
Cadenza
> > Time, or perhaps it doesn't quite work.
> >
> > Donald

> > > Is this a LilyPond thing? Or are you referring to the Denemo
Display?