Re: [Denemo-devel] A possible scheme script

From: rain
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A possible scheme script
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 15:30:11 -0800

Nothing has changed in Denemo with any of that stuff - so I'm sure you
are right, the differences will be in how the samples are setup for a
given MIDI velocity for the sound font you are using. The values
assigned to things like mp can be changed - I never use this stuff, but
I'm sure at the very least you could create your own set of dynamic
markings with MIDI velocity values and invoke them via the usual
methods. I don't think we have anything in the commands to detect the
sound font name, maybe ...

Richard

That is funny - so many commands that it's quite difficult to keep track of! I can lose a few hours just shuffling through the command center trying to get a feel for the general spot where certain commands are located, and all of the sudden I notice a few commands that had been previously been overlooked even though I've skimmed up and down the list a few hundred times perhaps.

Although I am grateful for Denemo's sound output features, I find that because of my lack of experience with being able to change settings related to fluidsynth running on this Windows system, that I can get a little bit better volume control by exporting the lilypond (I copy and paste from lilypond output window, because 'export lilypond' keeps reverting to a layout that is missing a few of the staffs - but if I delete all the layouts, it will export correctly one time, then revert to the broken layout again).
Then I open the code in Frescobaldi, which helps me to work with the guts from a little different perspective (but composing in Frescobaldi is a bit cumbersome for my taste) and I can send the midi out to another program that works with soundfonts, with slightly better volume control based on how the dynamic markings should actually sound IMO, plus some of the articulations work, which I'm unable to get working in Denemo for the life of me. [I'm not asking for help on any of these last few things mentioned, as I understand that it is a bit much and perhaps all the problems would be solved if all this was being done on a Linux set-up!! Beautiful Linux/ Unix]. I also understand that you have a bug-fix/features implementation 'priority list', that is naturally your main focus.

At any rate, enough of my complaining, everything is working sufficiently. At this point, I'm the main impediment to getting to a more speedy production.

Thank You Richard.