dev-serveez

Re: [dev-serveez] guile switch

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] guile switch
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 17:04:35 +0200

> From: stefan <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 15:42:35 +0200 (CEST)
>
> Hello Serveez'ers,
>   some days ago Raimi started to implemented the configuration file parser
> for serveez using guile. Me tried to play around with that and noticed
> guile to terminate the program when raising an error within the loaded
> config file. It just states an ERROR: which I cannot interprete and
> exit()s. We are using gh_eval_file() or something. Is it possible to
> "catch exception" ??? and make it returning some value on failure for
> better error checking ?

Guile provides

SCM gh_eval_file_with_catch(const char *scheme_code, scm_catch_handler_t
handler);

for just that reason.  It evaluates a file, and if an exception
occurs, `handler' is called.  The handler data type is declared like
this:

typedef SCM (*scm_catch_handler_t) (void *data,
                                    SCM tag, SCM throw_args);

`tag' is the exception tag (a symbol like `misc-error', `out-of-range'
or something) and `throw_args' depends on the type of exception.

Regards,
  'martin