[Discuss-gnuradio] build fails on make check - finally got it all workin

From: Ges
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] build fails on make check - finally got it all working
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 10:12:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I finally got it all working on 2 machines(thanks to
all the help I got from the mailing list). Tried to
compile everything after the new CVS update. Now I
dont get the configure problems with "no dev lib" for
python. No patch required - unlike earlier when I need
to use Mark's patch (just as Mark mentioned).

I still have the problem with run_tests..thought the
values of the variables
(run_test.in)
address@hidden@/src/lib/swig
address@hidden@/src/lib/swig
address@hidden@/src/python

(run_tests)
swigbld=src/python/gnuradio/gr/../../../.././src/lib/swig
swigsrc=src/python/gnuradio/gr/../../../../src/lib/swig
py=src/python/gnuradio/gr/../../../../src/python

are correct (they are what they should be logically
speaking...), for me the path does get set right with
the above. So I set them as follows in run_tests

swigbld=src/python/gnuradio/gr/../../../../../../../.././src/lib/swig
swigsrc=src/python/gnuradio/gr/../../../../../../../../src/lib/swig
py=src/python/gnuradio/gr/../../../../../../../../src/python

and they work right. (For some reason, though it
should go up by 4 levels - as per original setting, it
does not - it surprises me!)

So in case anyone faces a weird problem with the
python path (import errors) when running make check
(as long as the all the other path settings are as
they should be), they probably could do some fiddling
like above and see if it works!

Note: This is the config I am using on a Red Hat 9
environment

-python 2.3.5 (its a good idea to compile python
rather than use the rpm as Mark mentioned to me--
do a
./configure --enable-shared
make
make install )

-swig 1.3.23

all the other base line software as per requirement as
mentioned in
http://www.kd7lmo.net/ground_gnuradio_baseline.html

I also have audio working fine using alsa..Installed
alsa-driver(v 1.0.9b), alsa-lib and alsa-utils from
http://alsa-project.org/

In case anyone has problems with getting alsa to work
right this might be of help

http://foolish.digitalinc.info/docs/alsa/#installation

Be sure to remove the module that is already
present(if any). I had to remove my i810_audio.

I hope this info can be of use to some one.

Btw, are there any minimal docs on the
gnuradio-example, a quick explanation of what each
example does? I didnt come across any so just asking!

--Gesly