Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build fails on make check - finally got it all wo

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build fails on make check - finally got it all working
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 20:14:43 -0700

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 10:12:17AM -0700, Ges wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally got it all working on 2 machines(thanks to
> all the help I got from the mailing list). Tried to
> compile everything after the new CVS update. Now I
> dont get the configure problems with "no dev lib" for
> python. No patch required - unlike earlier when I need
> to use Mark's patch (just as Mark mentioned).
>
> I still have the problem with run_tests..thought the
> values of the variables
> (run_test.in)
> address@hidden@/src/lib/swig
> address@hidden@/src/lib/swig
> address@hidden@/src/python
>
> (run_tests)
> swigbld=src/python/gnuradio/gr/../../../.././src/lib/swig
> swigsrc=src/python/gnuradio/gr/../../../../src/lib/swig
> py=src/python/gnuradio/gr/../../../../src/python
>
> are correct (they are what they should be logically
> speaking...), for me the path does get set right with
> the above. So I set them as follows in run_tests

No, they are hosed!

They should be absolute paths, starting with a /
Note that the unexpanded prefixes are @abs_top_builddir@ and @abs_top_srcdir@
Where abs means absolute.

On my machines they look like this:

swigbld=/home/eb/gr-build/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/gr/../../../.././src/lib/swig

swigsrc=/home/eb/gr-build/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/gr/../../../../src/lib/swig

py=/home/eb/gr-build/gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/gr/../../../../src/python

This may be related to your use of AFS.

How are you invoking configure?

You might want to try adding the --srcdir=DIR option to configure,
where DIR is an absolute path (starts with /) to the source directory.

> all the other base line software as per requirement as
> mentioned in
> http://www.kd7lmo.net/ground_gnuradio_baseline.html
>
> I also have audio working fine using alsa..Installed
> alsa-driver(v 1.0.9b), alsa-lib and alsa-utils from
> http://alsa-project.org/
>
> In case anyone has problems with getting alsa to work
> right this might be of help
>
> http://foolish.digitalinc.info/docs/alsa/#installation
>
> Be sure to remove the module that is already
> present(if any). I had to remove my i810_audio.
>
> I hope this info can be of use to some one.

Thanks!

> Btw, are there any minimal docs on the
> gnuradio-example, a quick explanation of what each
> example does? I didnt come across any so just asking!

That's a reasonable question ;)

I'll add a README and/or docs in the code to explain what they
do.  Some of them, such as the debug_* ones are moving targets and
your mileage may vary.

It goes something like this:

  gnuradio-examples/python/audio        # basic audio sanity tests.

  gnuradio-example/python/usrp          # examples that require a USRP.
                                        # and some kind of daughterboard.
                                        # the ones that start with
                                        # dbs_* require a DBS_RX daughterboard,
                                        # tvrx_* require a TV_RX daughterboard.