Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp dbsrx to use in seti and radioastronomy

From: Dallas Masters
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp dbsrx to use in seti and radioastronomy
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 11:32:59 -0600

We have been doing bistatic radar (technical term for passive radar)
using GPS signals.  There are of course other signals out there that
are useful for bistatic radar, and that is my primary reason for
interest in gnuradio modules and the USRP/dbsrx.  Our bistatic radar
work is for remote sensing (ocean surface reflections ->
roughness/winds, soil reflections -> reflectivity and soil moisture,
sea ice, etc.).  We can even see ground targets that reflect GPS
signals to an airborne receiver.  I'll be looking at the latest issue
of IEEE for the Passive Radar papers (thanks!).

Some results/links are at http://ccar.colorado.edu/dmr.  The "dmr"
stands for "delay mapping receiver."  You can also see other work
presented at GNSSR-05 (http://www.gnssr-05.com/).

Dallas