Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dbs_rx problems?

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dbs_rx problems?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 08:10:26 -0700

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 11:25:22PM +0930, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

> After swapping the boards over several times with following results:
>

> db            A       B
> ----------------------
> dbsrx ok      err
> tvrx          ok      ok
> ----------------------
>
> In other words, tvrx works in both positions whilst the dbsrx works only in
> position A.

That's a problem with debug_dbs.py, not the board.  Off the top of my
head, I don't recall what's wrong, but once it's converted to use the
new transparent daughterboard handling scheme, it'll work in both
slots.

I expect to have the next version of the daughterboard s/w scheme
checked in a day or so.  It's getting even easier to use.  I've also
been overhauling the examples so that they use the new scheme and not
some mish-mash of 3 different schemes.

> Do you have any other suggestions? Is there a more current usrp image file
> other than usrp_fpga_rev2_2005_07_30.rbf available? There were a lot of
> changes since then and perhaps the image is no longer 100% compatible with
> the current gnuradio code.

usrp_fpga_rev2_2005_07_30 is still good.

You may want to try using usrp_fft.py.  I believe that the version
that's checked in will handle the dbs_rx in either slot.

Eric