Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Finally, audio_port_sink functional

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Finally, audio_port_sink functional
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 21:16:19 -0500

I get the same results from the version that is checked in now so something has gone off the rails.

What I checked in worked here but not at Eric's, he found some programming errors on my end and something has gotten off kilter. We'll get there. The portaudio response to the device inquiries are confusing at best as you can see. I hope we can get this sorted out because we really are close to a multiplatform audio system. Stephane and I and Eric Wachsman (Flex Radio) are PA developers even if this is only the second time I have use PA on Linux. Eric Wachsman did the windows wdmks and I modified the windows MME interface to be more capable and that will be checked in soon I hope. The first time on Linux was for WSJT which is a much simpler interface than GnuRadio. I am certain that PA is not perfect but recent serious pressure from Debian/Ubunto development leaders as well as Audacity has caused an explosion in activity. This is all good and will lead to a good result in the end.

Thanks for testing. I will be working on this more by the weekend if not sooner.

Bob

Thomas Schmid wrote:
I just tried it out under Mac OS X 10.4 and it works, kind of. When I
try mono_tone.py, I can hear the tone, but there is some breaks in
between and the console spits out "UpUpUp".  A sample output is at the
end of the email. multi_tone.py on the other hand didn't work at all.
It quit with a invalid number of channels error. I will try to have a
look at that tomorrow.

Anyway, great work, Robert...

Thomas

22:53 address@hidden:~/gnuradio/gr-build/gnuradio-examples/python/audio$
./mono_tone.py
Number of devices found = 1
--------------------------------------- device #0
[ Default Input, Default Output ]
Name                        = Built-in Audio
Host API                    = Core Audio
Max inputs = 2, Max outputs = 2
Default low input latency   =    0.010
Default low output latency  =    0.001
Default high input latency  =    0.010
Default high output latency =    0.001
Built-in Audio is the chosen device using Core Audio as the host
pUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUpUp