Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-usrp library

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-usrp library
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 22:15:16 -0800

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 08:40:13PM -0800, Ges wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> The mail previous to the one below is there on the mailing list.
>
> Anyway, what I was trying to do was try to get some code that I
> wrote using the usrp1_source_c functions to work. I was trying to
> link with the gnuradio-core libraries. Later I realised that these
> files are not complied in the gnuradio-core library. I saw the
> _usrp1.so lib file in .libs directory. But this contains all the
> swig related symbols in it as well.

Are you trying to use the functions in usrp1_source_c from C++?
If so, that seems a bit odd.   I'd suggest using the stable and
documented interface in usrp_standard.h.  usrp1_*'s only purpose in
life is to glue usrp_standard_{tx,rx} into GNU Radio.  It's a bit of a
kludge right now.  However, SWIG is now supporting multiple
inheritance, so refactoring could remove all the manual proxying.

> So, I then made a different shared library using the .o files and I
> was able to link my code with it.

OK.

> I was basically trying to find out if there is some shared library
> for the gr-usrp code with which I could link my C++ code.

OK.  Are you aware that there's a separate libusrp.so that contains
usrp_standard and friends?

Eric