[Discuss-gnuradio] various USRP GUIs freezing

From: Erik Tollerud
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] various USRP GUIs freezing
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:22:08 -0800

I'm new to gnuradio, but I've sucessfully compiled and installed the
gnuradio software and hooked it up to my USRP.  My problem (at least,
the first one...) is in running some of the GUI USRP examples.
usrp_wfm_rcv(_anything else).py,  usrp_oscope.py, usrp_fft.py all show
this strange bug; When I start them up, they seem to run fine for a
few seconds (or a few minutes for the oscope), and then the interface
freezes up (i.e. I can't input anything like the center frequency -
clicking just doesn't do anything), but the graphs continue updating
very slowly, and one at a time. For example. in usrp_wfm_rcv.py, the
"Data from USRP" graph responds for a while while the other two look
frozen, then the "Post Filter" graph does the same while the other two
are frozen, then "Post Deemph"... then the cycle restarts.  Any idea
what's going on?

And the usrp_wfm_rcv does output sound, but I'm not hearing any radio
stations even if I have an antenna connected... I'm not sure if I
should be at this point, but at any rate all I hear is static.