[Discuss-gnuradio] hdtv hacking

From: Charles Swiger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] hdtv hacking
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 15:28:17 -0400

Well, (this is a boy trying a grown-ups job ;) I managed to get
two new modules to compile in gr-atsc,   atsc_interleaver and
atsc_deinterleaver, just by copying atsc_rs_encoder and atsc_rd_decoder
(and accounting for atsci_reed_solomon having one class
and two methods(?) encode and decode, whereas atsci_data_interleaver
has two classes with one method each - IIUC).

So, basically all I did was change the names and put
in for atsc_interleaver.cc:

  for (int i = 0; i < noutput_items; i++){
    d_interleaver.interleave (out[i], in[i]);

and in atsc_deinterleaver.cc

  for (int i = 0; i < noutput_items; i++){
    d_deinterleaver.deinterleave (out[i], in[i]);

Anyway, after putting in another python test_loopback_002(self):
with the two stages interleaver/deinterleaver it will fail
make check , printing out a bunch of numbers.

--Chuck
learning a lot