Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] nanosecond timing under Linux

From: Daniel O'Connor
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] nanosecond timing under Linux
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:10:15 +0930

On Friday 12 May 2006 08:28, Lee Patton wrote:
> Any suggestions for getting nanosecond (or at least, sub-microsecond)
> timing under Linux?  The best I've Googled have been platform-dependent
> assembly timers.

I know FreeBSD has [get]nanotime() but I don't know how portable that is
(probably not at all).

Also, if you are using this to tag USRP streams you are probably better off
finding some way to sync the start of acquisition to something and then
counting samples. That way it's "free".

(at work our acquisition system syncs to GPS 1PPS and if we need mucho
accuracy we use GPS disciplined Rubidium clocks driving a PLL)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum