Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Embedded systems with gnuradio

From: Lamar Owen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Embedded systems with gnuradio
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 09:21:22 -0400

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 05:10, Daniel Piccoli wrote:
> I was just letting my mind wander and I want your thoughts on the
> possibility of the following ideas involving Gnuradio on a handheld
> computer such as the IPaq running at 400Mhz.

Does it have a high-speed USB 2.0 host interface?  I'd love to use the USRP
with my Sharp Zaurus SL-C1000, which has the USB On The Go dual device/host
interface plug, but only runs full speed, not high speed.  And, as I mention
below, the OpemEmbedded buildsystem used to build OpenZaurus (and Familiar,
for the iPaq users) builds the Debian usrp packages for it.  I'm not running
OZ yet on my Akita (the nickname for the C1000), but when I do I plan on at
least trying the usrp packages out.  It would seem to me a firmware change
could enable full speed operation on the USRP; it would of course limit your
bandwidth to 150kHz max, unless you want to do chopped sampling like the
SDR-14 does at the higher bandwidth settings.

> 1. Building an USRP for such an embedded device.

The OpenEmbedded project builds usrp and friends, but not the GNUradio python
stuff.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology