Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] V3 Comments on "BBN's Proposed extensions for dat

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] V3 Comments on "BBN's Proposed extensions for data networking"
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:37:54 -0500

On Thursday, June 15, 2006, at 11:46 AM, Eric Blossom wrote:
On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 08:37:48AM -0400, Michael Dickens wrote:

Hmmm ... good point.  In a dynamic system, ports could get dropped or
connected "on the fly".  Could you write a quick blurp about this,
somewhere before 4.9?  Maybe 4.6.8 or 4.8.6?

I think we're approaching the "polishing the turd" stage...

My point was that, all the sudden in 4.9, it's mentioned that "oh, and there can be unconnected ports". As the reading, I was caught unaware of this as an option, since there had never been mention of it before. Further, there was no rationale given for their existence; it was just stated. Thus my asking if a quick sentence or 2 could be written in an appropriate place, which at minimum talks about the possibility of unconnected ports due to the dynamic reconfiguration possibilities. 4.6.8, or 4.8.6, or 4.8.5; there are many possible places where a quick sentence could be inserted and would make the text less surprising w/r.t. this one issue.

Polishing? Maybe. Discussing, understanding, and making the architecture document more readable? Definitely. ;-) - MLD