Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Q from a novice user in Japan

From: Mamoru Yamamoto
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Q from a novice user in Japan
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 22:20:21 +0900

Mr. Berndt,

I tried the same.  Running epydoc against /usr/local/lib.../gnuradio
failed.  That looked very close to the end, and must have generated
a good package of manual HTMLs of everything.  I hope someone can
fix the problem.

After this fail, I tried to run it for each package of
gnuradio-core, and gr-usrp.  This was successful.  Specifying
the directory name was sometimes successful.  If not,
I specified like ".../*.py".  I do not know this is the
correct way or not.  I experienced several errors in the
process.  But generated HTMLs look useful enough.

Regards,

Mamoru Yamamoto

>G'day,
>
>I've also built epydoc 3.0alpha3 and tried to generate documentation run
it
>against ${PYSITELIB}/gnuradio. It produced a lot of documentation but it
>failed prior to finishing. There were a lot of warnings and the process
>failed in wxgui.
>
>If someone was successful in completing the conversion, perhaps it may
be a
>good idea to make the documentation available as a package. I certainly
would
>appreciate it.
>
>Thanks,
>
>cheerio Berndt
>

>On Tuesday 28 November 2006 04:01, Mamoru Yamamoto wrote:
>> Dear Colleagues,
>>
>> Yesterday I re-installed the "epydoc" from the subversion
>> repository of epydoc, and tried formatting the GNUradio
>> python libraries.  epydoc version would be 3.0, I suppose.
>>
>> The result was much better than before.  Though I met
>> some errors, I could generate useful HTMLs with which I can
>> browse python functions.  Thanks for Eric's suggestion.
>>
>> I also learned that after "import" any module in python,
>> we can show its help information by typing "help(module)".
>> Sorry I am too ignorant to this software package.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> ----
>> Mamoru Yamamoto  address@hidden
>>
>> >Eric,
>> >
>> >Thank you for your answer.
>> >
>> >For our applicaion 150MHz and 400MHz receivers must synchronize
>> >very precisely.  I cannot use TV RX for this reason.  Is the
>> >frequency 150MHz too high for Basic RX board?  We may need
>> >to add more amplifiers between the antenna and the USRP.
>> >
>> >Thank you very much for the information of "epydoc".
>> >I installed ver 2.1 from yum (Fedore Core 4), and run it.
>> >But as other E-mail says, I got many errors.  It created
>> >some results, but I do not know if they are very useful
>> >or not...  Should I use Ver 3.0 of the epidoc?
>> >
>> >Regards,
>> >
>> >Mamoru Yamamoto

>> core/src/python.

book?