[Discuss-gnuradio] GUI python apps don't update controls,

From: Chris Stankevitz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GUI python apps don't update controls,
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 14:26:04 -0800

Hi,

Apps with one graph (say "usrp_fft.py -f 103.3") draw a nice plot that looks like it's updated at approx 10Hz. However, the controls (sliders, etc) do not respond and do not redraw if I move the window off then back onto the page.

Apps with two plots only update one plot at a time at 10Hz for 3 seconds, then switch to update the other round-robin style. Ditto for three apps.

wfm apps place fine audio.

I'm running SVN revision 4050 on a dual processor 2.4Ghz machine. The CPU is barely used. Every once in a while python spikes to 30% of one of the CPUs, but on average it's near zero. My machine does not seem sluggish. The hard drive is not active.

My c++ wxWidgets apps behave like this when I use OnIdle to perform "infinite loop" processing with a periodic wxSleep() calls.

Anyone know why I get this behavior?

Thanks,

Chris