[Discuss-gnuradio] Programming the USRP using Altera DSPBuilder and Simu

From: aymanshalaby
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Programming the USRP using Altera DSPBuilder and Simulink
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 01:29:17 +0200

Dear ALL

I’d like 1st to introduce myself I’m Ayman Shalaby final year undergraduate student at Alexandria University ,Egypt.

For our project we are implementing the PHY layer and MAC privacy sublayer of the OFDM Profile of WiMAX 802.16e  .

We are using for our design TI 6416 DSK for the baseband processing and USRP for Digital IF and RF at 2.4 ISM band.

I have some questions and I just wonder any body can help me with them :

1st of all : We had already designed  the  model of DDC and DUC  using IP MegaCore v5 functions from Altera (in two days) and already synethsized it with Qaurtus II  Web Edition, then when we tried to implement the code on the Cyclone FPGA we were asked for Altera DSP Builder licence  L . Anybody knows how can we crack it ?

2nd: any body can help me to get Altera IP megacore v6

3rd: should I install 1st   programs  for the USB interface.?

4th: I just wonder anybody interfaced the USRP with TI DSKs or any other Kits .If so, how it can be done ??

Sincerely

Ayman M. Shalaby