Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Programming the USRP using Altera DSPBuilder and

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Programming the USRP using Altera DSPBuilder and Simulink
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 16:11:19 -0800

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 01:29:17AM +0200, aymanshalaby wrote:
> Dear ALL
>
> I'd like 1st to introduce myself I'm Ayman Shalaby final year undergraduate
> student at Alexandria University ,Egypt.
>
> For our project we are implementing the PHY layer and MAC privacy sublayer
> of the OFDM Profile of WiMAX 802.16e  .
>
> We are using for our design TI 6416 DSK for the baseband processing and USRP
> for Digital IF and RF at 2.4 ISM band.
>
> I have some questions and I just wonder any body can help me with them :
>
> 1st of all : We had already designed  the  model of DDC and DUC  using IP
> MegaCore v5 functions from Altera (in two days) and already synethsized it
> with Qaurtus II  Web Edition, then when we tried to implement the code on
> the Cyclone FPGA we were asked for Altera DSP Builder licence  L . Anybody
> knows how can we crack it ?

No clue and no interest in cracking the Altera license.

However, we're already implemented a DDC and DUC in the FPGA.  It's
coded in verilog and it's free software.  Before you reinvent the
wheel, you may want to spend a bit of time looking at the existing
code.  The DUC may have suffered some bit-rot.  It's been a while
since we used it.  We do use the DDC in our current build.

If you haven't already downloaded the code, start here:
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki

Eric