Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] changing the vctcxo

From: Hans Glitsch
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] changing the vctcxo
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 15:54:15 -0800

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I have had it working with the rational resampler, but I'm trying to eliminate that block. I'm eventually going to use a very low power, fanless pc to run the software, so we're trying to shave off as many cycles as possible.

I attached an external signal generator at 38.4MHz and decimated by 250 to get down to a sample rate of 153.6KHz per channel (we use four rx channels). This works well, gives the needed bandwidth, and lowers the usb data rate down to a minimum. If I can replace the vctcxo for a few dollars and eliminate this block, then I think it's worth it.

I just found this one on Digikey: http://www.abracon.com/Oscillators/ASVTX11.pdf

I'm not an experienced hardware guy, but it looks like it would work in the usrp. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Blossom" <address@hidden>