Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OpenMoko

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OpenMoko
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:40:33 -0400

On 7/10/07, Roshan Baliga <address@hidden> wrote:
I noticed the excitement yesterday, then found this tidbit at the bottom
of their software page:

"(*) GPS position calculation and, also for regulatory reasons, firmware
contained in peripheral chips are the only exceptions. Those components
communicate with the rest of the system through openly specified
interfaces, e.g., NMEA, GSM 07.05, etc."

Which leads me to believe you won't be able to do much SDR with the
phone. Plus, I would be willing to bet they do everything in hardware (I
would, if I was building a consumer device).

Correct.  Hardware information can be found here:
   http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Category:Neo1973_Hardware#GSM.2FGPRS

It all seems to be tied up in NDA.

Brian