Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] saturation with multi_fft.py

From: ematlis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] saturation with multi_fft.py
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 16:02:27 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks!

eric

************************************
Eric H. Matlis, Ph.D.
Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering Dept.
120 Hessert Center for Aerospace Research
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN 46556-5684
Phone: (574) 631-6054
Fax:   (574) 631-8355

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Martin Dvh wrote:

address@hidden wrote:
I'm sure you are right about the gui taking the majority of the cycles,
but it's the real-time feedback that makes gnuradio so attractive.
Ideally one would beable to switch them on and off as needed during
operation of the program, which it is my understanding will be possible
with the implementation of mblocks.

As things stand now, is there a "refresh rate" control that I can
modify, so that the scope sinks use less cycles?
Yes, you can set the following parameters.
sink    param           default         less cycles     Function
oscope  frame_decim     1               >1           keep one block in every
"frame_decim"
fft     fft_rate        15.0            <15.0                refresh rate of
fft_display

so for less GUI cycles set frame_decim to 10 or even 100
set fft_rate to 5.0 or even 1.0

I wished that fft_rate was set to 5.0 default because allmost allways 15.0 is
too much a load on my machines.

Greetings,
Martin

thanks,