Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] m-block/in-band signaling status/questions

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] m-block/in-band signaling status/questions
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:08:57 -0700

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 11:27:36AM -0500, sanmi wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Our Group currently has a 2x2 MIMO-OFDM system implemented on the USRP/GNU
> radio platform and we are planning on implementing a 4x4 MIMO-OFDM system
> which we need working in the next couple of months. We are trying to decide
> between a custom FPGA solution and the in-band signaling/m-block solution.
>
> We saw these recent posts:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/m-block-%3C--%3E-GR-block-integration-t4536641.html
>
> http://www.nabble.com/in-band-signaling-project-overview-tf4610363.html#a131
> 66091
>
> These indicated that the in-band signaling /m-block implementation is almost
> complete but we are unclear about what is done and what need to be
> completed. Some specific questions we have are?

> 1) Is the code in the testing phase or development phase, is there a
> timeline for completion?

Still in the development phase.

> 2) Is there a "hello world" example for m-block/in-band signaling?(Simple
> waveform packet tx/rx with all the functionality)

No, we're not there yet.

> 3) Where can we find the code documentation?

You're still early.  The development code isn't merged into the
trunk.  What docs there are are the doxygen comments in the .h files.

> Compatibility:
>
> Is the m-bock wrapper for flow graphs (as outlined in the BBN doc)
> implemented?

Not yet.

> Specifically, what is the interface between the legacy code and
> the in-band signaling code? Would we need to redo all our signal processing
> blocks?

You shouldn't have to reimplement your signal processing blocks.

> Any other comments/suggestions are appreciated.

This stuff isn't ready for use yet, and the API's are not yet stable.

> Sanmi

Eric