[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: [Patch-gnuradio] Enhancing Gnuradio Doxygen Gener

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: [Patch-gnuradio] Enhancing Gnuradio Doxygen Generated Official Documentation
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 13:17:34 -0800

On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 10:49:07PM -0800, Firas Abbas wrote:
> Dear Friends,

> During the past period, I did a study on how to enhance our
> automatically doxygen generated gnuradio documentation. I came up
> with :

Hi Firas,

Thanks for working on the documentation.

A couple of notes:

Please don't send large attachments (> 10KB) to the list, we've got
over 1000 subscribers, and this generates gigabytes of network traffic.
Please post a link instead.

Some of the attachments seemed to be .rar archives.  Those aren't
commonly used in the free world.  I don't think the spec is open, and
the tools are not generally distributed.  If you're going to use
archives, please use tar.gz or tar.bz2.

I haven't looked inside the .rars.  Given their size, I assume that
they may contain complete files, and not just the differences between
the svn trunk and your changes.  In general, send the output of diff -u,
not the whole file.  This makes it easier for us to figure out what
changed, and to apply the changes to (possibly) different branches.

If you'll resend this in a way that I can read, I'll try to review
it in the 3 days or so after receiving it.

Thanks,
Eric